Qualities of an Ideal Candidate for a Teeth Whitening Treatment
- You have healthy teeth and gums: It’s important to have healthy teeth and gums before undergoing any whitening treatment. If you have cavities or gum disease, it’s best to address those issues before whitening your teeth. At Dental Fresh we check your teeth and gums before your whitening treatment.
- You have realistic expectations: Teeth whitening can improve the appearance of your teeth, but it’s not a one-size-fits-all solution. The level of achievable whiteness varies from person to person. WHitening can improve the level of whiteness, but not everyone will have the same result. At Dental Fresh, your practitioner can discuss with you the whiteness level you are likely to achieve.
- You don’t have sensitive teeth: While it’s not preclusive to treatment, whitening treatments can exacerbate sensitivity. If you have sensitive teeth or gums, make sure your practitioner is aware before you undergo teeth whitening.
- You’re at the right age and stage: Teeth whitening is suitable for patients over 18 years of age. It is not recommended for those under 18 because their teeth are still under development. We don’t recommend teeth whitening if you are pregnant or lactating.
- You’re a non-smoker: While whitening can be performed on smokers and results acheilved, if you continue to smoke after whitening, discolouration will recur in a shorter period of time. Perhaps this is a good time to reconsider giving up smoking!
Teeth Whitening Options at Dental Fresh
We have several options for whitening your teeth. At Dental Fresh, we offer three teeth whitening treatments for our patients in Bondi Junction, as follows:
- At-Home Teeth Whitening Kits: Our practitioner will prepare your teeth with a clean, scale and polish. Impressions will be taken, and our in-house technicians will prepare your custom night trays. You will be given your night trays and the whitening material after around 1 to 2 days, along with instructions for their use. You can expect results in 1 to 2 weeks after the treatment.
- In-Chair Teeth Whitening: Our dentist will apply gel to your teeth and insert the Zoom Blue light wand. You’ll be able to relax and watch TV while you’re waiting for the magic. Some patients feel an occasional ‘zing’ sensation, it isn’t painful and you can let us know if you find it disconcerting. It will pass in a few hours. This treatment provides immediate results, resulting in a few shades lighter instantly after the procedure.
- Whitening For Life Subscription: This option is best for patients who want to achieve optimal results in restoring their bright smile. The subscription allows patients to receive a free top-up of professional strength whitening gel every six months of their regular dental check-up and clean.
It’s important to remember that the results may vary for each individual. If you want to find out the best teeth whitening option for you, reach out to Dental Fresh. Our experienced dentist will carefully assess the condition of your teeth and recommend the most suitable treatment for your specific situation. Book an appointment today.